If you are struggling with Locking and Unlocking Aadhar Biometrics. follow these simple steps to lock or unlock your biometrics with Aadhar.
Locking and Unlocking Aadhar Biometrics at UIDAI
There are two ways to lock and unlock Aadhar biometric data. One is online via UIDAI’s portal and another through the mAadhar app. Both the methods are safe enough and work 24*7.
Locking and Unlocking Aadhar Biometrics online:
- First of all open the UIDAI’s online portal.
- From the Aadhar services section select the “Lock/Unlock Biometric” option.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number and the security code given on the website.
- Click on the send OTP button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the portal and click on the login button.
- This will help you in locking your Biometrics.
- A security code will appear on your screen. Enter it and click on the “Enable” button.
- Your Biometrics are now locked and to access them again you will have to unlock them.
- Now click on the “Login” button to unlock your biometrics.
- Again enter your Aadhar number and the security code.
- Click on the “Send OTP” button.
- Your registered mobile number will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Login” button.
- Now enter the security code and click on the “Unlock” button. This will temporarily unlock your biometrics.
- Now your biometrics will be temporarily unlocked for 10 minutes.
- If you do not want to have a lock on your biometrics you can disable the lock permanently.
- This lock disabling system is available only through the online portal.
- Login to the UIDAI portal through your Aadhar card to disable the lock.
- Enter the security code and click on the “Disable” button.
- Your Aadhar biometrics will be disabled permanently until you lock it again.
Locking and Unlocking Aadhar biometrics through M Aadhar app:
- Install the mAadhar app on your cell phone.
- Log in with your Aadhar details and add your profile in the app.
- Click on three vertical dots on the top right corner of the app.
- Biometrics settings option will occur, click on it.
- On the enabled biometric locking, option mark a tick.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered number.
- You will not get an option to enter the OTP manually, the app will read it automatically.
- After you approve the task your biometric will be locked.
- Though, it may take up to 6 hours to get it completed.